How would you know if Coaching is for you?
Coaching is a relative new concept in South Africa. It is a process practiced all over the world in different forms primarily to enhance people’s quality of life.
What is coaching?
Coaching is a process where one person (the client) interacts with another person (the coach) in order to enhance his/her quality of life.
Coaching is a relationship between two people where the one wants to help (Coach) and the other needs the help (client).
The client usually has a challenge in his/her life and needs someone ‘neutral’, but empathic to listen, understand, instruct and suggest ways to meet these challenges.
Assisting clients to overcome their challenges in life is of primary importance in coaching.
Is coaching a process?
Yes, it is seldom a once-off. Challenges in life can seldom be solved by seeing someone for just one hour. The process should not be shorter than six one-hour sessions, but usually continues for a longer period of time.
Is coaching just for my professional life or will it help me in my personal life as well?
Our challenges in life can be personal and professional. A good Coach should be able to assist you to address your challenges irrespective of whether they are personal or professional.
Are there different forms of coaching?
Yes, there are.
You get the following forms of coaching:
- Executive Coaching for leaders and managers in corporations, institutions and businesses.
- Life or Personal Coaching for people not necessarily in corporation or businesses, usually mothers, wives, students, people that would like to enhance their overall quality of life, etc.
- Business Coaching for people in their own businesses, usually entrepreneurs, small business owners, etc.
- Relationship Coaching for people that need to meet challenges in their relationships, like a couple getting married, an already married couple, a manager and her sub-ordinate, parent-child relationships, etc.
With what kinds of challenges can a Coach help me?
Challenges in the following areas of life:
- Personal goal setting.
- Professional goal setting.
- Time management.
- Discovering of self/identity.
- Discovering of personal destiny.
- Improving relationships.
- Building new relationships.
- Increasing social skills and -awareness.
- Increasing emotional intelligence and overall emotional well-being.
- Overcoming addictions.
- Overcoming a lack of purpose.
- Increasing leadership skills.
- Spiritual direction.
How would I know if coaching is for me?
By answering the following questions you will get a clear indication whether coaching will benefit you.
- Do you have any challenge (constant sadness, loneliness, trauma, disorganisation, lack of purpose or direction, broken relationships, etc.) that you find difficult to overcome on your own?
- Would you like to improve your quality of life?
- Are there addictions you would like to lay to rest?
- Would you like to discover who you really are?
- Would you like to know what your earthly destiny is? And live in it?
- Would you like to improve the quality of your relationships?
- Would you like to increase your emotional intelligence?
- Would you like to improve your time management?
- Would you like to achieve more of your personal and professional goals?
- Would you like to become a better leader or manager?
Answering ‘Yes’ on any of these questions make you a suitable candidate for coaching.
What will coaching cost me?
It seems there are primarily two different fee structures depending on whom the coaching is for. Executive Coaching in corporations, institutions and large businesses are calculated differently than coaching done for people outside corporations.
Executive Coaching can be calculated per hour and it ranges from R 750 to R 1 500 per one-hour depending on the level the client functions on in the organisation.
Executive Coaching can be calculated at 1% of a client’s annual (cost to company) remuneration package.
Life or Personal Coaching for people not in corporations is usually calculated per hour and it ranges from R 450 to R 750 per one-hour session.
How will I find out what Coach is suitable for my situation?
You are more than welcome to contact me (Nico at 0832624873) or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can set up a first appointment. During the first session we will determine whether I am the Coach for you?